Saturday, April 7, 2012

Knickerbocker Glory

Despite recent criminal implications on this here blog, I am an innocent man. Well, mainly innocent, I am guilty of something - getting way too excited at packages of stockings! Not like that though, perverts...

No, I have been giddy with time travelling goodness! In the fading embers of La Venta Eventa was a treat - an 18th century period outfit from A:S:S. But as fun as that was, it was just a taster. Yes, just in time for chocolatey Easter fun we can comment on Photos Nikolaidis's ever expanding A:S:S, and he takes us back in time with his new store A:S:S Decades. That noise you just heard? It was a squee through the ages!

So... where to start? Well the store is still petite just now, but there's a fair amount happening. When the sun finally arrives I may grab one of the nightshirts, but even with the stockings they'll be too chilly just now. Instead, another Louis! You can pick from many colours (179L each), but let's be honest here, if you're going to start a new life as a romantic the only sensible choice is rose. Which is why it's surprising I have it actually, but I do!

A:S:S Decades - Outdoors

Now me being me it's never too simple. Given my trip to the gallows I thought it just a bit tasteless to be too flamboyant, I wanted to be a little sombre so as not to upset my fans and groupies. That needed some serious thinking, luckily the new store had everything I needed (except the shoes...) and I grabbed the Gerard Shirt at just 75L which has a few less ruffles and seemed more appropriate. I also changed my stockings. They're rather nice mid-thigh offerings btw, Louis was white with a subtle rose emblem, but I went plain green as I felt they compliment the greens in the knickerbockers and vest rather well myself. Just 50L for a pack of 5 (and yes, the butterfly ones may be a fun summertime purchase if you ask me) so you won't break the bank if you get a hole in the toes.

"But wait" I hear you cry, "with all this spending have you missed the 'Freebie' in the URL up there?" Well have no fear, for my super snooping nose found not one freebie in the new store, but eight! Okay, technically it's two packs, but one does have seven freebies in so don't be picky, they're free okay! First up, gloves. Simple, elegant, what more do you need? Secondly, Mouches!

Decades Up Close

No not the moustache, the mouche! The beauty spot above my eyebrow! They were very popular in the 18th century and thankfully your freebie fatpack includes a notecard telling you the meaning of all the different locations. This was handy for me. I tried the flirtatious one but the hangman didn't seem to appreciate my charms, so I switched to dignified instead. That'll teach him.

So there you have it. A new store, full of old stuff. It's great! Even if being associated with Margaux gets you hanged...

3 comments:

Margaux said...

HAHA I love this post, I really enjoy them all. Don't worry this is not over, I will save you ....

Flash said...

It may be too late, the plurk vote was for me to hang!

Margaux said...

lol