Saturday, February 4, 2012

Something for the weekend

It's the weekend, so it's time to put on some lipstick and find a party! Granted, I'm not especially familiar with make-up so it's not the neatest lipstick you'll ever see, but the stubble made a reasonable guideline so not too bad. Lucky for me it's Mardi Gras time and anything goes, so once more I can unleash my inner beauty and hit the town.

Yep, that's the theme for FLUX this month so it's time to party, and thanks to the good folks at 22769 I could have some sparkly fun. And feathery. And... well, maybe it's best to let the picture do the talking...

Mardi Gras Time

Sure, it's a dress. But look at it sparkle! Honestly, who can resist the sparkles? It's like I ran naked through a sequin factory - and then went back with a dress and a pot of glue. And a pair of scissors too because boy does that dress have a slit for some thigh flashing. Luckily the outfit comes with a mask too, which is very handy because you want to stay anonymous while plucking all those feathers from some exotic bird. I have no idea what type of bird it is, but I'm guessing it's rare and you won't win friends with some people by making it bald. Although Mardi Gras is mainly in warm places so maybe it's not too bad.

Now 120L will get you that dress and mask, with all the sparkly tickly trimmings. But no footwear. Which is a crying shame since it really is crying out for some sexy legwork. Luckily though, you don't have to go too far. Well, actually you do since you need to go all the way back to the real 22769 store, but you don't have to spend any more money since they have pink crocodile skin boots as a hunt gift! Grab a hint from the wall near the landing point and get looking because really, you need crocodile skin boots! Or, spend an extra 190L and buy them in a range of colours. Or, still spend the 190L and get them in black snakeskin which is subtler and just as cool.

Reptile Bootie

See, my able assistant is not just there to provide you with a better view of the feathers, she provides some contrasting footwear fun too!

So there you have it, not just sparkles but skin too! And weirdly for one of my posts, only about a third of it is actually mine... I guess I must have a fever... Mardi Gras Fever!

1 comment:

Lyrilen said...

I will run through sequins with you any day my love - even if you end up looking better in them then I do!