Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Eye eye, I must be an A:S:S!

A lot of my friends have been very, very excited about the fact that Poetic are having a big eye sale. It seems to be 50%/75% discounts meaning 50-100L for a pair of eyes so some good shopping there, they certainly make some nice eyes.


Unfortunately for them, I won't be shopping there this sale. Nothing against them, it's just that Photos Nikolaidis of A:S:S has just launched Vision Eyes. And as I'm a giant ass I am in the A:S:S group, meaning I woke up this morning to find a group gift stuffed with the things. And I really do mean stuffed. This could be the most items I've rezzed in a group gift because... well. I got a sample set from each range, as textures. Plus the prim versions. Plus extra effects such as tears, extra reflections, and... well I don't know because I lost track of it all! The only thing the gift didn't include was an alpha layer, but given that I just can't make prim eyes work without one, I already had one. And I just got given more eyes than my inventory can fit on the screen, so I don't think I can grumble really. It's not as if it's impossible to find a free eye alpha if you don't already have one so I am one happy giftie.


And then I tried them on and I got even happier. These are good eyes! I checked the store and they're 50L a pair, with fatpacks giving a big discount on the ranges. Personally I'm not a fan of fatpacks for a range since I usually like shades of blue so I'd rather buy a fatpack with each style in my chosen colour usually, but that's me. And to be honest Vision has a few ranges that could convince me otherwise. So here's a quick look at my gift listing (although now I'm out of world I believe I missed at least one set of eyes so this gift is even more generous than the images suggest - but serioiusly, my screen is only so big).









Homesick Eyes - Helsinki (extra reflex)vision-eyes_001Homesick Eyes - Helsinki
Resurrection Eyes - Teal (Large pupil)vision-eyes_002Resurrection Eyes - Teal (Small pupil)
Moonlight in your eyes, reflexvision-eyes_003Vampiric eyes - blood
Soultrap eyesvision-eyes_004Sparkles in your eyes
Darkness in your eyes - cinnamonvision-eyes_005Eclipse eyes - atlantic
Heterochromia eyes - blue & hazelvision-eyes_006Heterochromia eyes - blue

Phew!


Now some of those are not stuff I'd wear often. Great for a certain look but not so much daily eyes (at least for me anyway). The Eclipse are my pick of the more artistic eyes - when you really zoom in they have some lovely features. That said, the Heterochromic blues have been left in. I like them, and my partner who has been known to complain when I try new eyes likes them too! We shall see, but I feel they may be loitering.


Oh, and because it makes me chuckle...


In the store they have a pair of gatcha machines. one giving pairs of eyes, and one giving single eyeballs. They're called "Oddballs"!


It made me laugh anyway.

4 comments:

clueuin said...

Yup! Very nice. Good writer. Hon, you ever thought of freelance writing for some magazines? Just a thought. See ya hon! Duces!

Lady MAR

Flash said...

Thanks, that's very kind of you to say. I've actually not thought about magazines, which is strange since I think some of them are incredible. It's a good idea, I think it might be a good avenue for something I've got sitting here.

I may have to investigate this!

Pho Vinternatt said...

Eye alphas are super easy to make, since eyes has it's own checkbox when you make a new alpha layer. You don't even need a texture for it, just check the box in appearance, alpha, and you're set to go. ^^

Flash said...

Aha, I've mainly had alphas for shoes/boots so I'm used to them being custom for an item but that makes sense for eyes. Bah, far too easy now I think about it! I should've guessed I was missing something.

Oh, and I'm still wearing these eyes. I think this is only the third set I've ever worn for more than a few hours.